The co-writer of the new 'Star Wars' film says that Lando is confirmed to be pansexual
- In an interview with HuffPost, writer Jonathan Kasdan revealed that "Solo: A Star Wars Story" character Lando Calrissian is pansexual.
- Lando is Han Solo's associate in the new film and is played by Donald Glover.
- Pansexuality typically means being attracted to all gender identities.
- It can vary person to person.
The "Star Wars" movies have thus far been more interested in representing droids and alien life than the LGBTQ community — but in the new film "Solo: A Star Wars Story," that precedent may be changing.
In a recent interview, co-writer Jonathan Kasdan revealed that Han Solo's associate Lando Calrissian (played by Donald Glover) is, in fact, pansexual.
"I would say yes," Kasdan told HuffPost when asked if the character is pansexual. "There's a fluidity to Donald and Billy Dee's [portrayl of Lando's] sexuality. I mean, I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie. I think it's time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity — sort of the spectrum of sexuality that Donald appeals to and that droids are a part of."See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Emilia Clarke stuns on the red carpet in a custom gown that took 250 hours to create — see how it was made
- Thandie Newton celebrated her groundbreaking 'Star Wars' role with a custom gown patterned in her personal collection of action figures
- REVIEW: 'Solo' is an unnecessary 'Star Wars' movie that doesn't live up to the hype
Published on 17 May 2018 at 06:58PM