Yoenis Cespedes, Mets 'on same page,' assistant GM John Ricco says
NEW YORK -- Mets assistant general manager John Ricco downplayed the idea that there is a "disconnect" between the team and slugger Yoenis Cespedes, despite acknowledging the team didn't know Cespedes was considering surgery on his heels until he brought it up Friday night. Cespedes, 32, revealed to reporters that he might need surgery on both heels that would require an eight-to-10-month recovery. Ricco said Sunday that it was the first time surgery had been brought up as an option. "I think he probably was a little bit frustrated that it was more painful than he expected. So I can't speak for why or how he said it, but he did say it and I think we have to take it seriously," Ricco said. "I don't think it's a disconnect," he added. "It's not like he's been saying this for months and we haven't been listening. For the first time, to our knowledge, when he was considering the surgery was when he said that." Cespedes homered...
Published on 23 Jul 2018 at 01:46AM